Canadians’ Arts, Culture and Heritage Activities in 2010
This report provides insights into the number and percentage of Canadians 15 or older who, in 2010:
• Attended live performances;
• Visited art galleries and other museums;
• Visited historic sites and other heritage organizations;
• Read a newspaper, magazine or book;
• Watched movies or videos; or
• Listened to recorded music.
The report summarizes data on participation in arts, culture and heritage activities during the 12 months prior to the survey, including information about the frequency of participation. Where comparable data are available, trends in participation between 1992 and 2010 are also highlighted. The data are drawn from Statistics Canada’s General Social Surveys of 1992, 1998, 2005 and 2010, in-depth telephone surveys of Canadians 15 years of age or older.