Grants to Agents and Managers in the Performing Arts: Multi-year and Annual
The Canada Council for the Arts is committed to equity and inclusion, and welcomes applications from diverse Aboriginal, cultural and regional communities, including people with disabilities.
1 March 2013 (Multi-year and Annual grants)
If this date falls on a weekend or statutory holiday, the deadline moves to the next business day.
Please refer to the Program Guidelines for detailed information.
Grants to Agents and Managers in the Performing Arts provide support to individuals, organizations and (or) agencies that contribute in a meaningful way to the development of the performing arts sector in Canada by:
The program supports agents and managers to sustain and (or) enhance their capacity to achieve these goals.
The program has two components:
- Multi-year (two-year funding)
Find out why and how to register with CADAC (Canadian Arts Data/Données sur les arts au Canada). Watch the webinar on YouTube.
Eligibility of Applicant
Applicants to both components must meet all of the following criteria. They must:
- carry out career development activities and strategies that lead to enhanced access to audiences and markets for professional, Canadian performing artists
- provide ongoing career development support to no fewer than three individuals, collectives and (or) companies
- be registered or incorporated in Canada (individuals applying to this program may operate as sole proprietors)
- have an appropriate administrative infrastructure, according to the scope and scale of their activities.
Note: Both for-profit and not-for-profit organizations or agencies are eligible for support.
Multi-year grant applicants
Applicants to this component must meet the requirements immediately above and must also:
- have been registered and in operation for at least three years
- be recognized as a professional artists’ agent and (or) manager.
Annual grant applicants
Applicants to this component must meet the requirements at the beginning of this section and must also:
- have been registered and in operation for at least two years
- have a proven track record of providing support to professional artists, collectives and (or) companies.
Funds are limited, and grants will be awarded in a competitive context based on the criteria listed in these guidelines. The number of grants and their amounts will be recommended by a peer assessment committee for final approval by the Board of the Canada Council, within the budget available for this program.
- For Multi-year Grants, the maximum contribution available from this program is $40,000 per year.
- For Annual Grants, the maximum contribution available is $25,000.
- For both components, the minimum grant that will be awarded is $10,000.
Audience and Market Development Office
Canada Council for the Arts
350 Albert Street, P.O. Box 1047
Ottawa ON K1P 5V8
Telephone: 1-800-263-5588 (toll-free) or 613-566-4414, ext. 4216