Support Services to the Dance Milieu: Project Funding
The Canada Council for the Arts is committed to equity and inclusion, and welcomes applications from diverse Aboriginal, cultural and regional communities, including people with disabilities.
If this date falls on a weekend or statutory holiday, the deadline moves to the next business day.
Please refer to the Program Guidelines for detailed information.
The Support Services to the Dance Milieu: Project Funding program provides project funding to Canadian dance organizations, associations and professionals that offer Canadian choreographers, dancers and (or) other dance professionals one-time or recurring services or opportunities that respond to demonstrated needs within the Canadian dance milieu.
Project grants assist professional Canadian dance organizations and associations to:
- invite visiting out-of-province, out-of-territory or international dance artists or resource people to lead dance workshops or master classes in any field of artistic skills development for Canadian dance professionals
- host a choreographic workshop, residency or lab for Canadian choreographers
- provide the Canadian dance community with a national forum—at an
in-person gathering or electronic meeting place—to enhance learning, communication and networking among dance professionals across the country
- coordinate a year-round training subsidy program for a community of dancers
- provide other unique or exceptional support services that serve a broad segment of the dance community or fill a critical gap in the Canadian dance sector. (Applicants must discuss these projects with the program officer before submitting an application to the program).
Eligibility of Applicants
To be eligible to apply, dance organizations and associations must:
- be a non-profit organization and be incorporated in Canada
- have an appropriate administrative infrastructure, according to the scope and scale of the project
- have a history of providing services to professional artists, collectives and (or) companies.
Dance companies may only apply for support service activities that serve the broader dance community. Projects that exclusively benefit the company’s own dancers/personnel are not eligible.
Applicants receiving annual or multi-year support in the Creation/Production in Dance program or the Annual Support to Aboriginal Peoples Dance Companies, Organizations, Groups and Collectives program may apply only for projects involving:
Funds are limited, and grants are awarded in a competitive context according to the criteria listed in these guidelines.
Canada Council for the Arts
350 Albert St., P.O. Box 1047
Ottawa ON K1P 5V8
Telephone: 1-800-263-5588 (toll-free) or 613-566-4414, ext. 5502