Pilot Program of Presenter Support for Creation-Based Partnerships
This program provides project funding to presenters to support creative relationships between artists and presenters and their communities to enhance the impact of the quality of opening night by:
- enhancing creation and visibility opportunities for professional Canadian dance artists and companies in Canada, in particular in their local community;
- contributing to long-term relationships between artists and presenters and their public;
- improving the conditions for creating dance by allowing artists more time in a single community, allowing them to reduce travel costs, develop in-depth relationships with a community, and focus on their work or share the intent of their work with a larger community;
- recognizing the costs to presenters of providing facilities to artists.
Examples of creative relationships between artists and presenters include the provision of:
- time, space and technical support during the creative process;
- extended production periods on stage or in the presentation space;
- previews of new work with targeted audiences;
- exchanges between artists and the community, to support the creative process;
- dance artist-in-residence initiatives leading to the creation of new work.
Clarifications for the Pilot Program of Support to Presenters for Creation Based Partnership
For applicants planning to apply to the May 1st deadline, please note the program clarifications:
- Applicants may only submit one project per competition. This means that we will consider one presenter/artist relationship per application deadline.
- Applicants must provide a project description: why this artist in this place at this time.
- Add a detailed calendar of project activity and timelines
- Budget presentation:
- Applicant must use the budget template provided in application form.
- The applicant must provide budget detail regarding their contribution to the project.