Support Services to the Dance Milieu: Multi-Year and Annual Funding
The Canada Council for the Arts is committed to equity and inclusion, and welcomes applications from diverse Aboriginal, cultural and regional communities, including people with disabilities.
15 November 2012
If this date falls on a weekend or statutory holiday, the deadlines move to the next business day.
Please refer to the Program Guidelines for detailed information.
The Support Services to the Dance Milieu: Multi-Year and Annual program provides multi-year and annual funding to professional Canadian dance organizations and associations whose primary focus is to develop the vitality of professional dance in Canada by providing sustained services and related opportunities.
Multi-year and Annual grants are available to Canadian dance organizations and associations that do any of the following:
- offer a range of services to a regional community of professional artists, collectives and (or) companies; for example, consulting, dance space, administrative and management services, opportunities for professional development
- carry out sustained activities in dance archiving and (or) discourse related to professional Canadian dance
- provide a sustained program of choreographic exploration and development, and
- undertake national advocacy and communication (in both official languages) for the dance community.
Eligibility of Applicants
All applicants must:
- be registered or incorporated non-profit organizations in Canada
- have an appropriate administrative infrastructure, according to the scope and scale of the organization’s activities
- provide an up-to-date organization profile (Part B of the application form)
- have been in operation for at least five years
- have secured financial support from other funding bodies
- have made a significant contribution to the professional dance milieu through their activities and services.
Annual applicants must have received a minimum of two project grants from this program.
Multi-year applicants must have received annual support from this program for two years.
Funds are limited, and grants are awarded in a competitive context according to the criteria listed in these guidelines.
Canada Council for the Arts
350 Albert Street, P.O. Box 1047
Ottawa ON K1P 5V8
Telephone: 1-800-263-5588 (toll-free) or 613-566-4414, ext. 5502